Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Bread Recipe & Progress Report

Note that I posted another bread recipe below on my post "Makin' It From Scratch #1 - Bread". It's for the Oatmeal bread in the photo and it's wonderful. The bread makes especially delicious toast!

Progress Report: I finished the last of my first batch of homemade instant oatmeal. I noticed that if you put it all in one container, some of the ingredients settle more than others (like salt). So, with the next batch I'm going to try mixing it really well each time before I take some out. I can see how doing this in baggies would eliminate that problem, but I find it's simpler for me out of a container.

Also, the Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Bread stayed really, really moist and wonderful. I stored it on the counter in a plastic bag and it hasn't gone dry at all like the 100% Whole Wheat Bread did. I think it might be the molasses in the recipe.

1 comment:

clair said...

I'll need to give that oatmeal bread a try. I liked how it looked and am now having cravings for it, and I don't even know what it tastes like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...