Reuseable Food Wraps*
What you’ll need:
1. Scraps of fabric, preferably sheeting weight, torn into squares the same width as your cookie sheets
2. Pure beeswax (a few votive candles work fine)
3. Parchment paper or Silpat
4. Clothesline, rigged up wide enough to hang one or two squares of fabric to dry
5. Clothespins, safety pins or paper clamps
6. Scissors or a paper cutter
7. Buttons, beads and string, if desired
What to do
Preheat your oven to 150° F. Tear or cut your fabric to size. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper, and place fabric on top.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave beeswax onto your fabric. Don’t use too much, though; you may want to do a test piece so you get a sense of coverage. (I think we got it right on our third one and it was about half as much as I assumed we would need.)
Place in the oven until all wax is melted and soaked in, about 8 or 9 minutes.
Remove from oven and pick up with clothespins (careful, it’s a bit hot!). Hang to dry about 5 minutes.
Use a paper cutter with a decorative edge or pinking sheers to cut a pretty edge.
Check out the Abeego website for closure ideas or just get creative!