Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chamomile Shampoo Update

Okay, so I just used the shampoo and the "foam poo" is a no go! It took a lot just to feel like it was doing something. I doubt that it was. Another few notes:

- I was slightly suspicious of having bar soap in my shampoo. I was right, because it left this funky, unpleasant sticky feel to my hair. I had to immediately follow shampooing with my apple cider vinegar rinse just to get my hair feeling somewhat normal again.
-Also, even after all that beating with the whisk, there were still soap shavings in the bottom of the shampoo bottle.
- The yellow food coloring is totally pointless, so why bother? We're trying to get away from dyes in our stuff anyway, right?

So, here is my own updated version of the recipe that makes a lot more sense - at least to me. I might just dump out what I have and start all over again. Such a bummer, especially after that beautiful tutorial I gave you! :-)


Chamomile Shampoo

1 handful fresh or dried chamomile
1 1/4 cup boiling water
3 Tbsp. Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap (I think either the rose or lavender would go well with chamomile...)
1 Tbsp. glycerin

1. Steep the chamomile flowers in the boiling water for 15 minutes.
2. Add the castille soap and glycerin and stir (for goodness sakes, don't BEAT it! haha!) until well combined.
3. Pour into a clean reused shampoo bottle.

I'll let you know when I make my new batch and how the useage goes. It's got to be better than the last one.

1 comment:

Beanie's Mama said...

Hope this recipe works better for you! Also, could one just use chamomile tea bags? We often have some anyway (works well in the bath for when Alina has a rash).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...