Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Name for the Homestead


So, when I started this blog I never expected to actually name our eventual physical homestead "Knotty Oak", only because it was a name that I came up with and my husband had no imput on it at all. I really wanted it to be a name that we both agreed on and liked and felt fit our land.

Well, after being out to the property a few times and getting a sense of the place, this is the name we came up with:  Rocky Pines. The land is very rocky, in fact the cellar of the house was hand carved out of rock and literally looks like a cave down there. And there are a lot of beautiful, tall pine trees on the property. So, the name seems to fit really well! When I mentioned the name idea to my husband he approved with a thoughtful smile saying, "Yeah... I like that!"

Of course, the land isn't ours yet. We're still awaiting word from the seller on a few things. But it's so close! I hope everything works out. I can nearly imagine us there already. :-)

3 comments:

Casey said...

Sounds gorgeous!

Holly Hox said...

Sounds like a perfect fit! Hope everything works out!

Beanie's Mama said...

I'll bet your husband liked the new name-- it's very manly. ROCKY PINES. Sounds great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...